Sunday 14 December 2014

The Brambles, 8 - 14 December 2014

Hi, today's highlight was a quick visit from a few redwings. They stopped off to tuck into the berries on the holly tree :) What has been happening where you are? If you'd like to share please leave a comment :) Looking forward to reading them :)


Every year the garden has been visited by redwings. The first winter here there were lots of them and by the end of their visit the holly tree that was covered in berries was totally bare! It was cold though, lots of snow too. Today's visit was just a quick one, but great to see them all the same.

I've shown a mouse on my log book today but I've not seen one for a long time. I am not sure what type they were that lived in the garden but they were tiny with big ears. I think either a wood or field mouse. Very cute ones!

I've seen lots of nuthatches this week and the thrush has been aroung too. The coal tits have had a good presence and I just love them, they are quite cheeky little birds I think!

This morning when I went out to feed there was a female chaffinch just sat in the snack shack, even though there was no food in there. Huddled right at the back. Even when I got really close to restock it didn't move for ages. Finally it flew off into the tree, I hope it is okay.

The bigger birds have been in more than ever. On the lawn yesterday there were about tewnty woodpigeons, the usual three crows, about 10 magpies and a couple of jays. I put some general bird seed on the lawn for them in the hope that they will eat that and not smaller bird food! But of course there is always one that is tucking into the songbird special!

And that brings me to the end of today's post. I'm back next week with more stories from The Brambles :) bye for now, Natasha.

I used the following lovely kits by Createwings Designs to create the log book: Feathered Friends, Feathered Friends 2, Feathered Friends Add On, Winter Friends, Sing Your Song and This Moment Creation 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment